- Fitness, strength and core stability
- Rehabilitation / Physio and Pilates exercises with a physiotherapist
- Pregnancy / postnatal Fit-4-2 with a women’s health/ obstetric physiotherapist
- Back Pain
- Men & Women
- Mat and small props classes
- Studio (refomer, trapeze table, wunda chair and barrel) we have private, Duo (2) and small group (4) studio classes.
- Women’s health Physiotherapy
- Pregnancy related pelvic girdle and back pain.
- Post-Natal Physiotherapy Check-up
- Incontinence and pelvic organ prolapse
- Diastasis Recti – Abdominal separation
- Post -natal rehab – Return to sport
- Caesarean and perineal scar
- Neck pain and Headaches
- Hicaps available on Physiotherapy
- Please Note that as of 1 April 2019 Pilates classes are no longer covered by Private Heath Insurance.
- No referral necessary for private patients
- Sorry but we do not treat Workers compensation , Third party or EPC
Prenatal & Post Natal Exercises
All Fit 4 2 Pregnancy and Postnatal classes are taken by a Physiotherapist with 15 years experience in women’s health and obstetric physiotherapy. Don’t leave your prenatal health and exercise needs in the hands of anyone but a trained health professional. You will also learn birthing skills, breathing and pain-relieving techniques for labour and exercises to reduce back pain in pregnancy.
You are welcome to join the classes at any stage of your pregnancy but we recommend that you commence classes during the second trimester and continue until the birth of your baby.
We Also Hire out TENS machines especially designed for childbirth!! A natural alternative for pain relief.
We are stockists of SRC pregnancy and recovery shorts as well as AOK health Fitballs
Our Post-natal class is the perfect way to rehabilitate your body after childbirth; restore pelvic floor and abdominal tone. We recommend that you commence classes six weeks after delivery ( 10 weeks after a Caesarean Section). Babies are most welcome to attend. During these classes you will strengthen your body in a safe and effective way. Kirsten is always happy to check for any Diastasis prior to class.
The benefits of exercise during pregnancy are:
- Increased fitness and muscle tone
- Stronger, fitter ladies have easier deliveries and a faster recovery after delivery
- Less back and pelvic pain
- Less chance of developing urinary incontinence
- Better sleep
- Better weight control and body image
- Women who exercise during pregnancy have a decrease in the need for pain relief during labour and a decrease in maternal exhaustion during labour they are also less likely to be induced.